Article processing charges (APCs)
Ocean Science is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (preprints are free of charge).
Manuscripts submitted from 1 January 2023
Manuscripts submitted from 1 January 2023 are charged per paper. If such manuscripts are accepted for final journal article publication, a flat fee of €1,600 net is levied independent on the article length. Corrigenda are free of charge.
Manuscripts submitted before 2023
The following APCs are valid for any manuscript submitted until 31 December 2022.
|Price per journal page||Description|
|Category 1||€77 net||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||€93 net||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template|
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.|
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term e-archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS as well as printed archiving via copyright libraries worldwide.